• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with leadership, staff, and others.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior Leadership.
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
• Will be involved in a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on tasks assigned to successful completion
• Should have a minimum of 3 to 6 years of experience
• Excellent communication Skill and proficiency on English
• Experience in office administration activities is an added advantage
• Any Bachelor’s Degree